Sunday, September 12, 2010

Let us begin with introductions.

I would like to start this blog by introducing myself, and explaining how I ended up where I am today.  My name is Anne Joelle, and I'm 25.  I am a Cosmetologist with a Bachelor's degree in Entertainment Management. I've worked in human resources (where my boss once told me that I was "freakishly responsible and professional" for my age) and in event coordination (where I wrote for publications, coordinated networking events, and acted as public speaker for my employer). I served as President of my sorority, and Captain of my university's cheer leading squad.  I have been very fortunate to hold the positions that I have held, but all of my opportunities have been obtained by serious hard work and numerous sacrifices. But should it all end there? Of course not.

In 6 weeks, I will be graduating from cosmetology school. I have wanted to be a hair stylist and makeup artist for as long as I can remember. After high school, I pushed that desire aside in order to attend college. It seemed like the 'right' thing to do at the time.  Once I (finally) graduated from college, I still didn't feel like I was doing what I was meant to do.  I finally threw all of my cares to the wind, and enrolled in a school that I had been looking in to for the previous 3 years. It was the best decision of my life.

The past ten months of my life have been filled with laughter and learning. I am so excited to finally be doing what I am meant to do: hair and makeup.  This brings me to the topic of subject matter for this blog.  I am on a mission to share everything cosmetology related that I possibly can with all the other people who are eager to learn like myself. I will test new products, product comparisons, show new makeup applications, and post the latest hair trends. I will also share my own personal experiences (which are usually pretty entertaining), and answer questions submitted by my readers.

Always remember: Dreams do come true!

- Anne Joelle

3 comments:

  1. Woot woot! Welcome to the blogging world, princess! Great opener, and I certainly can't wait to get new makeup ideas and tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world, will be interesting on the things you blog about. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool blog - I know I certainly need all the help I can get with hair and makeup. :)

    ReplyDelete